New HPC2 cluster installed
During the last academic year, ITSC worked closely with the HPC Management Committee on the procurement of a new HPC (High Performance Computing) cluster, namely HPC2. Similar as before, this cluster will be operated under the Purdue Community Cluster Model for the benefits of effective acquisition and sharing of computing resources.
HPC2 Cluster configuration
The hardware configuration of the new HPC2 cluster is as follows:
- 30 x Lenovo NeXtScale nx360 M5 servers with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v3 12 cores and 64G RAM
- 36 x Lenovo NeXtScale nx360 M5 servers with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v3 12 cores and 128G RAM
- 6 x Lenovo NeXtScale nx360 M5 servers with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v3 12 cores and 256G RAM
- 7 x Lenovo NeXtScale nx360 M5 servers with Dual Xeon E5-2670 v3 12 cores, 128G RAM and dual Nvidia Tesla K80 GPU
- 3 x HP Apollo 4510 server with a total of 720 TB raw disk storage
- Connected with 56 Gbps Infiniband network
The theoretical peak performance is about 110.51 TFLOPS. Details of the HPC2 cluster can be found at: https://itsc.ust.hk/services/academic-teaching-support/high-performance-computing/hpc2-cluster
Other Research Computing Resources
Details of other campus research computing resources can be found at:
ITSC will continue to work with the HPC Management Committee to solicit the requirements and plan for the future research computing environment. Please contact us if you are interested in joining the community.