The Learning Commons continues to be a hectic place buzzing with activities.
In this semester you can find tutorials through a number of programs:
- Math Support Center in E-Learning Classroom A is held Monday through Friday. Professors and teaching assistants from the Department of Mathematics offer learning help with the online homework system WeBWorK.
- CSE Programming Commons is a service offered by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. First year students who take introductory computing courses can seek help from teaching assistants at the Tutorial Spaces on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4pm to 6pm.
- SBM Junior Tutor Program is offered by School of Business and Management for 4 undergraduate courses. For details, check the SBM website at http://undergrad.bm.ust.hk/eng/academics/advising/tutor/
Apart from help on learning, you can also find career advising at the Learning Commons:
- Career Center offers various workshops and consultations in Group Study Rooms, including mock interviews, CV drop-in sessions, CV writing, Career meet-up, and others.
- SBM UG Programs Office organizes Individual Career Advising for undergraduates, who can make one-on-one appointments to meet advisers at LC-07 at specific times, Monday to Friday.
- SENG operates a Career Development Program for MSc students at LC-09 with multiple sessions throughout the semester.
Highlights of other activities and classes at the Learning Commons include:
- Academic Advising, School of Science and School of Engineering
- Tea with the President, a monthly event at the Refreshment Zone
- Media workshops by PTC
- Library classes of various sorts
- RedBird program activity, by SAO
- Lunch meeting with the MA students in China Studies, by School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- "Meeting with Artists" Series: "The Invisible Hand - The Art of Film Editing", by UCEO
- HART 1012- Introduction to Photography
- iOS Workshops, a CPEG program