- A new Sustainability Unit was established under the Health, Safety and Environment Office.
- Recycled quantities of plastic bottles and aluminum cans increased by 37 percent and 40 percent respectively.
- A total of 10 tonnes of second-hand items were collected and donated to charities.
- 7,000kg of food waste was collected and composted from the canteens of the LG1 and G/F restaurants.
- Energy saving measures in 2012 generated additional savings of HK$1,952,000 over the year.
- The implementation of 29 solar water heater panels, roof garden, motion and photo sensors and green meters at new Student Halls 8 and 9.
- The Electronic Procurement (eProc) System came into full implementation throughout the University. The system uses workflow technology to enable the electronic preparation and submission of requisitions.
- The participation of more than 120 students in the Green Ambassadors Program. The program's reusable coffee mug initiative successfully reduced the wasteful consumption by caterers of an estimated 1,600 disposable cups over a one month period.