During Library Orientation this fall, we did something new. We put up a big sticker on the LC Refreshment Zone wall, "My First Impression of the Library" and invited people to let us know what they thought and felt via post-its (sticky notes).
Who wrote? Most were anonymous, but some students and a few visitors volunteered their status. Over 120 messages appeared on the wall, with some using multiple notes. About 60% were in English and ~40% in Chinese, with a few in other languages.
What did people have to say? Overwhelmingly, the messages were enthusiastic and friendly. Enjoy this small selection.
- "Never been this excited to go in the Library"
- "I am first batch UG student graduated in 1994. The expanded and renovated library is really great !!"
- "A great place to discover the worlds of science and technology – A treasure chest"
- "I hope that my dream will fly from here"
- "Great selection of books and movies. Great place to study! I like the chair."
- 圖書館書有好多啊! [There are so many books…!]
- 好摺! 但好舒服! 有牀就更好! [Very comfortable! Much better if there is a bed!]
- 科大拉巴 LIKE! [UST library LIKE!]
- 我在這裡交了好幾個重要的功課, Thanks for this [I finished several important assignments here]
The most common problem was the temperature – a perennial concern explored in an earlier article. Happily, only a few other complaints were made.